Whip up a sumptuous dinner easily for a romantic
candlelight dinner together. Simple follow these recipes
to create the main dish. Add red wine, candles and some
soup and you'll have evrything ready!
Stuffed Chicken Breasts
2 chicken breasts, deboned, pounded flat
(individual portions, not a whole breast)
2 roasted red peppers (I got mine from a jar)
4 slices smoked pastrami or other smoked beef
(or smoked turkey)
salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
sweet paprika, to taste
1 tablespoon oil, for the baking pan
(Read Related : Romantic
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Pour a bit of oil in a small baking dish.
3. Lay out the two flattened chicken breasts.
4. Cut the roasted pepper lengthwise down the side so you
can lay it flat on top of the chicken breast.
5. Place two slices of smoked meat on top of each roasted
6. Roll up the chicken breast, lay seam side down in the
oiled baking dish.
7. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
8. Bake uncovered for about 20-25 minutes.
9. Serve with a vegetable and a green salad on the side.
Total time needed = 35 minutes
Total quantity = 2 servings
2 pheasants, disjointed
3 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon chili peppers
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup scallions
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons sesame seeds
1/2-2 tablespoon soy sauce, depending on tatse,
add in increments.
1. Cook the pheasant with the water, salt and chili peppers
until tender, about forty five minutes.
2. Remove the pheasant.
3. Mix the soy sauce and flour, stir into boiling stock.
Use soy sauce in small increments depending on how well
you like it.
4. Cook over low heat, until it reaches the boiling point.
5. Return the pheasant pieces and add the scallions, garlic
and sesame seeds.
6. Cook ten minutes and serve on rice.
7. needs to be two T soy sauce added with the flour.
Total time needed = 4 1/2 hours
Total quantity = 4 servings
(Read Related : Most
The Italian Love Sammich
10 ounces focaccia bread, sliced in half lengthwise (I
used roasted garlic and onion flavor)
3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
5 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto
2 roma tomatoes
6 big fresh basil leaves
red wine vinegar
olive oil (the best you can afford)
1. Take the slices of focaccia and toast them slightly
in a 375 degree oven; about 5 minutes.
2. While the bread is toasting, slice your tomatoes and
mozzerella, you want thin slices.
3. Remove the bread from the oven.
4. Top one side with slices of proscuitto, cheese, tomato
and finally basil leaves.
5. Sprinkle a tiny bit of red wine vinegar and olive oil
and the other piece of bread, on the side that will be facing
towards the toppings; just a little bit, you don't want
6. Put both slices together and with your hands (or a brush),
rub a bit of olive oil on the outside of each slice.
7. Place on a hot grill for about 2 minutes on each side.
8. I used my George Foreman grill for that step and it worked
9. Remove from the grill, wrap in foil and place in the
oven (still at 375) for about 7 minutes.
10. Remove, unwrap, slice in half and enjoy.
11. Suggested sides: a really good pickle spear, olive salad,
gourmet chips, a leafy green salad or whatever you enjoy
with your favorite sammich.
Total time needed = 24 minutes
Total quantity = 2 servings
Share this page with
More Other Romantic Ideas
things to do